It’s important to keep your roof clean. The question is what’s the best way to do that? Are you going to do the job yourself, or would it be best to hire a professional to get the job done?
Things To Be Considered When Cleaning Your Roof
Cleaning your roof is not a simple task, and doing it yourself is not advisable. Aside from the fact that those professional individuals or companies have their proper training, they have the right tools and strategies in cleaning your roof. There are two (2) recommended ways of cleaning your roof: pressure washing and chemical cleaning. Chemical Cleaning, which is also called soft washing, uses chemicals for the removal of all the harmful things from your roof. On the other hand, Pressure Washing is the use of highly pressurized water, spraying it all over your roof. For those families with kids, they prefer the latter to avoid any chemicals and health issues.
How To Use Pressure Washer For Roof
You must see to it that the cleaning products to be used are organic, environment-friendly, safe for human contact most especially children, pet, plants, and swimming pools or anything that has water on it– some might have mini-falls or fountains in their garden. Make sure that its contents or ingredients are biodegradable.
- In some areas, you need to use a flat-surface cleaner to be able to remove those mold, moss, and fungus. For the rest, a pressure washer should be used.
- Professionals may use an electric pressure washer for roof with hot water as it is the ideal electric pressure washer that cleans faster and better. Different Stanley pressure washer reviews are also helping people a lot, so you better consider it as well. If you want to know what is best electric pressure washer, read more reviews online.
- Pressure Washer hose is simply attached to the surface cleaner. Then, the organic chemical is added in the chemical injector container. Once the engine is on, the cleaning process begins.
- You can move from one place to another, from the easiest to the toughest stains, observing a safe and effective roof pressure washing.
- Lastly, after rinsing the cleaned area, you may check if they did miss some stained spots so they can go back and repeat the process until you are already satisfied with the result. There is nothing wrong with it because there are really some areas that are too difficult to clean.
Benefits Of Pressure Washing Your Roof
Some of the benefits may include the following:
- It could prevent infestations and ensure a healthy home.
Of course, you want a home free of allergies, especially with your kids and pets. You can rely on a pressure washer to achieve a cleaner and healthier home.
- It will increase the life of your roof as well as the value of your property.
Algae or lichen problem as well the presence of fungus, mold, and moss can damage your roof. Thus, regularly cleaning your roof is an advantage. So, if you have any plan of selling your property, you can easily do it as more or less 40% of the curb appeal come from your roof.
- It could reduce energy costs and save you more money.
Taking care of your roof can save you more on electric bills as you can minimize if not eliminate energy wastage. Also, pressure washing is a very affordable cleaning method.
- Home’s aesthetic appeal improvement and homeowner’s insurance purposes.
Cleaning your roof could help in identifying any hidden issues which need urgent repairs. As a result, your property will be properly insured, taken care of, and maintained.
Pressure washing is proven to be effective and best to be used for metals and concrete roofs. In addition to that, ensure that you are entrusting this task to professionals for a guaranteed clean and undamaged roofing. This will also give you the assurance that your roof and your entire property will not be compromised. By doing so, you have not only attained one objective of prolonging the life of your roof, but you’re also improving the value of your property and saving more money, too!